Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so they say. So why not indulge yourself this weekend with my lush tort. I call it Luscious tortilla because this Omelette is ingredient rich and gives great pleasure to the taste sense.
It is simple, quick, tasty and filling. This recipe has the classic combination of a Spanish tortilla (potatoes and onions), with a Nigerian twist of scotch bonnet (ata rodo), fried plantain and gizzard. Wake up to a luxurious yet simple breakfast with my lush tort recipe.
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
1 ripe plantain
2 medium size potatoes
4 fresh eggs
1 small onion (chopped)
1 scotch bonnet- ata rodo (chopped)
1 salad tomato (chopped)
Half of a green pepper-tatashe (chopped)
1 maggi cube
1 cooking spoon Olive, Vegetable or Sunflower oil
1) Dice the plantain and fry.
2) Dice, rinse, salt and fry the potatoes
3) Break the eggs into a bowl, add half of a cube of maggi, salt and whisk.
4) Add sunflower oil in a frying pan, add the diced tomato, scotch bonnet, onion, green pepper and the remaining half of maggi. Leave to sautee.
5) Add the fried plantain, prawns, gizzard and potatoes into the sautéed peppers and stir.
6) Add the eggs into the mixture, reduce heat to the barest minimum and let the egg cook for about 3-5minutes.
7) Flip it over and let the other side cook
8) Turn into a plate and serve.
What better way to open the day than with lush tort? enjoy!
Quote of the day: “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking, you’ve got to have a what- the- hell attitude” – Julia Childs.
Don’t forget to like K’s Cuisine fan page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kscuisine