Hello people and happy Friday. Not sure what recipe to try this weekend? Here is a recipe for you to try and it’s Chicken Teriyaki.
I love me Teriyaki Chicken any day. Chicken teriyaki is a Japanese recipe. It’s simple to make, has a shiny look and it’s flavourful. The sauce is easy to make and making yours saves you money than buying from the stores.
Here is how to make Teriyaki sauce (with my added Nigerian twist of grounded dry pepper) and also Chicken teriyaki. Will bring you other recipes for what to do with Teriyaki sauce but for now let’s do the sauce and chicken Teriyaki. So here we go:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves Garlic
2 and half tablespoon cornflour
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
10 pieces chicken parts
1) In a mixing bowl, add a tablespoon of water, cornflour, sugar and ginger.
2) Add soy sauce, garlic, ground pepper and black pepper into the mixture.
3) Add cider vinegar, give the mixture a good stir and transfer into a pot
4) Put the pot on medium heat and stir mixture. The mixture starts to thicken.
5) After about 2-3 minutes you get a brown syrup like mixture and that is Teriyaki sauce ready.
Told you it’s easy making your own Teriyaki sauce.
6) Rinse chicken parts, pat dry with a clean cloth and place on a foil lined baking tray
7) Rub the chicken all over with the Teriyaki sauce (Don’t use all the sauce) and bake uncovered in preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 25 minutes or till chicken is done.
Baste chicken with sauce every 10 minutes while in the oven
Teriyaki chicken is done. Moist, shiny and yummy.
Glossy and flavourful Chicken teriyaki.
Serve with rice, noodles, Pasta or any food of your choice.
Don’t forget to like K’s Cuisine fan page on facebook at www.facebook.com/kscuisine
“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside”- Mark Twain