I haven’t made chocolate cake in a long while and that is because I am not a fan of chocolate cakes but when Hariat needed a chocolate cake for her son’s birthday, I baked her one. She made a simple order..a moist chocolate cake filled and covered in chocolate buttercream. She wanted it plain she said. I made her this cake and she loved it and told me her kids loved it too.
This Chocolate cake recipe is sinfully good. It is supermoist, tasty and yummy and that is coming from someone who is not even a fan of chocolate cakes! It is also very easy to make as u just mix all ingredients together. No creaming, no folding and no need bringing out stand mixer. Hand mixer does the work just fine.
For this recipe I combined two of my favourite chocolate cake recipes and added a twist of my own and this recipe is surely a winner. If you like chocolate cakes, u’ll love this recipe for super moist chocolate cake. Let’s go:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 55 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
INGREDIENTS (8″ cake and few cupcakes)
260g plain flour
100g Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
250ml vegetable oil
250 ml boiling Nescafé coffee
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1) Prepare the baking pan by oiling and layering with parchment paper and measure all ingredients ready.
2) Sift flour into a mixing bowl
3) Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt
4) Break in the eggs, add vegetable oil, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
5) Using a mixer, mix together until when combined. About a minute.
6) Add the boiling coffee, mix for another 1 minute on medium speed. Batter will be runny after adding boiling coffee but that’s perfectly fine
You can use just boiling water but coffee intensifies the chocolate flavour
7) Pour batter into already prepared baking pans
8) Bake in pre heated oven at 160 degrees (gas mark 3) for 45 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
9) Leave to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing and putting on rack to cool completely. That’s super moist, chocolate cake done.
I couldn’t cut into the main cake to show you as it was an order but here is a picture of cupcake from the batter. See how moist that is?
I covered with chocolate butter cream as requested. For Chocolate buttercream recipe click HERE
Enjoy and don’t forget to let me know how you like the recipe 🙂
Like K’s Cuisine fan page on facebook at www.facebook.com/kscuisine
” Bake with love…”- Manuela Kjeilen