Some of us love our swallow. For example, people like me can not do without eating swallow at least once a week. I’m fully fledged Nigerian like that and you know I am a staunch supporter and believer in the goodness and joy of Nigerian food 🙂
Gone are the days when we are limited to high carbohydrate swallow. Now we make healthy foods into swallow. There is the Bulgur solid from yours truly K’s Cuisine which recipe can be found here and there is plantain fufu among many other healthy way of eating swallow.
Plantain fufu or plantain amala is made from unripe plantain. Some call it plantain amala simply because of the similarities in colour and texture with amala.
It is easy to make, good for the body as it’s high in nutrients. So when next you feel like eating swallow, think of the healthy plantain fufu.
Here is how to make it in 5 easy steps. Lets go:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1) Freeze the unripe plantain for 2 days, take out from the freezer and leave to thaw
This step is optional. It only serves in making the plantain fufu slightly darker, almost the colour of amala. You can omit this step and go straight to step 2
2) Peel and cut the plantain into blender and blend with very little water
3) After you’ve blended the plantain smoothly, pour into a pot
4) Put the pot on heat and start stirring the plantain.
5) The plantain starts to thicken and form solid. If need be, add a little water to get the consistency you want but it usually does not require extra water.
I served with Ogbono Okro soup in these pictures. For Ogbono Okro recipe, click HERE.
It is light and tastes yummy. Why not give it a try? you won’t be disappointed.
Don’t forget to like K’s Cuisine fan page on facebook at www.facebook.com/kscuisine and on istagram at www.instagram.com/kscuisine.
” Be the change that you wish to see in the world”- Mahatma Gandhi