Seafood efo riro is efo riro cooked with sea food. For this recipe, I have used 4 different types of fish, peeled and unpeeled prawns. You can use any assorted sea food of choice including crabs. Basically use any seafood that tickles your fancy 🙂
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Bell pepper (Tatashe)
Scotch bonnet (rodo)
Locust beans (Iru)
Vegetable (I used combination of greens and spinach)
1) Cut, wash and blanch the vegetable.
2) Clean the fish, season with maggi and salt and set aside
3) Blend coarsely the scotch bonnet, bell pepper and onion.
4) Heat palm oil in a pot and pour the blended peppers in the heated palm oil, add Maggi cubes, locust beans and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
5) Add the prawns, fish and any other sea food of choice
6) Let cook for another 15 minutes. The sauce would have absorbed the flavours of the seafood and it will have minimal fluid.
7) Add in the vegetable and leave to simmer for 5 minutes
Tip: If you would like the fish intact and not then take them out of the sauce before adding vegetable. After vegetable is cooked you can then introduce back the fish.
8) Take off heat and that’s it done.
9) Full of flavours
Seafood eforiro is ready to be enjoyed
Served with pounded yam
You can serve with any swallow of choice, yam, plantain, etc
You can also enjoy with rice as shown below
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough”- Mae West