Hello Cands, It’s been a minute. How have you all been? I’ve been good myself but my laptop went burst on me plus I have been so busy in the last few weeks. Laptop is now up and running and here I am now 🙂
So, it was Carribean food week August 24th-31st and Grace foods UK sent me a hamper of goodies to create some recipes with. Grace foods UK are the UK’s largest supplier of Carribean foods and drinks.
I have created some recipes with the ingredients and one is Scotch bonnet cake. Yes you read that right. Scotch bonnet Cake! Bake with me:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes (Cupcakes)
Total time: 45 minutes
5 medium eggs
1 whole scotch bonnet
3 tablespoon Dunn’s river coconut milk
1) Rinse the scotch bonnet, deseed and blend with coconut milk
2) In a bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat with electric mixer till it’s fluffy and turns pale.
4) Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture very slowly while still mixing with electric mixer. This is to prevent the mixture from curdling.
5) Pour in the coconut milk/scotch bonnet mixture
6) Add flour to the mixture by folding it in with a big spoon. Do not over mix the batter. Add in 2 more tablespoons of coconut milk
7) Grease a baking pan and layer with baking sheet and for cupcakes put cupcake cases in cupcake tin. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till cake is done.
K‘s Cuisine tip: To check if cake is done, dip a toothpick or skewer in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. If it comes out wet then leave to bake some more.
When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes.
You can top with scotch bonnet fresh cream or buttercream like I did below (Recipe coming soon).
The cake was yummy, fluffy and so delicious. The scotch bonnet was a hit and I totally loved the taste. Watch out for more recipes I did with the ingredients
You can check out carribeanfoodweek page on facebook at www.facebook.com/carribeanfoodweek or their twitter @Carribeanfoodwk.
Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @kscuisine and facebook when you try the recipe.
Till my next post, stay blessed
” Food is our common ground, a universal experience.”- James Beard