Chicken Stir Fry! This stir fry recipe is easy, cheap and quick to make. Made with only few ingredients, it takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook. How about that for quick chicken recipe! I love everything about this recipe and did i mention it's super delicious?
You can add your personal touch to this quick, easy and delicious stir fry by adding in your favourite Vegetables.
I have used grilled chicken for this recipe. I make sure to have grilled chicken in my freezer. It just makes life so much easier for someone like me with very busy schedule. I can easily rust up meals in few minutes. For example, aside this easy chicken stir fry, i can use the grilled chicken for Chicken sandwich, Chicken salad, and many other dishes. If you'd like recipe tailored to raw chicken check out my Chicken Suya Stir Fry recipe.
For the grilled chicken, i season with salt and my multipurpose seasoning, put in the oven and grill for 40 minutes or till it's done.
I also used Red Bell pepper, Green pepper and Yellow peppers in this recipe. I call them mixed peppers and sometimes 'traffic light peppers' because they are traffic light colours.
Let me not bore you with too much details, let's Cook:
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry include
Red bell pepper, Green bell pepper, Yellow pepper, spices, Sunflower or Vegetable Oil and Chicken of course. (full list and video in recipe card below)
How to make Simple Chicken Stir Fry
If you have a wok, it's best for stir frys. I do have wok but sometimes i just don't bother and use pot instead. I still get good result.
1) In a pot, add Vegetable or sunflower oil
2) Add in garlic and Onions
3) Then add in the mixed peppers, stock cubes, coriander, Cameroon pepper, parsley and salt.
4) Add in the grilled chicken and stir.
5) Mix cornflour with water and add into the stir fry. (Stir fry sauce). Stir for a minute and take off heat.
Enjoy on it's own or serve with pasta, rice, noodles or any other food of choice.
K's Cuisine tip
Don't overcook so the peppers remain a bit of crunch.
Would you like to lose weight on Nigerian Diet? Check out my other website Weightloss Republic
Can i use Long red peppers in place of Red bell pepper?
Yes you can use long red pepper
Is Bell pepper same as Long red pepper?
No. However you can also use long pepper for this recipe.
Can i add other vegetables to this stir fry?
Yes you can add carrot, cabbage and other vegetable of choice.
What can i use to substitute cornflour?
Plain flour or self raising flour
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 800 g Grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Bell pepper
- 1 tspn Cameroon Pepper or Black pepper
- 1 tspn Coriander
- 1 tspn Parsley
- 1 Stock Cube
- 3 tbspn Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Large Onion Sliced
- 2 tbspn Cornflour Mix with ¼ Cup water
- In a pot, add Vegetable or sunflower oil
- Add in garlic and Onions
- Add in the mixed peppers, stock cubes, coriander, Cameroon pepper, parsley and salt.
- Add in the grilled chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with water and add the mixture into the stir fry. Stir for 2 minutes then take off heat.
- Enjoy on it's own or serve with pasta, rice, noodles and many more.
You might also like these amazing recipes :
Chicken Suya Stir Fry
Minced Meat Sauce
Suya Noodles Stir Fry
That's it for today guys..
Like this post, comment and share on social media so it gets to as many people as possible. Thank you!
K's Cuisine is on instagram as @kscuisine and on Pinterest if you would like to give us a follow.
" Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"- Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Leave a Reply