Chicken piri piri or chicken peri peri is delicous grilled chicken made with peri peri sauce. Last week i blogged about peri peri sauce. If you missed it, check it out peri peri sauce as you'll be needing the sauce to make this chicken peri peri recipe.
Chicken Piri Piri (Peri Peri Chicken)
My Peri Peri sauce recipe is simple and straightforward to make. It takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook and this chicken peri peri recipe takes 45 minutes to cook excluding marinating time. Aside for marinating, you can also use the peri peri sauce in stews and sauces, in pasta dishes and can even serve as a dip. Homemade peri peri sauce (piri piri sauce) is versatile. Peri peri sauce is made with African bird’s eye chilli also called Piri Piri. This is a hot pepper that is grown in most African countries.
This Chicken Piri Piri is super delicous, moist, tangy and flavorful. You can serve it with a side to fries or rice, pasta or any food of your choice. You can even eat it on its own as a meal.
How to make Chicken Piri Piri
Ingredients you will need include:
Peri Peri sauce
Stock cube (optional)
Chicken Piri Piri Recipe
1) Pat the chicken dry then add stock cube, salt and half of the peri peri sauce. Mix well, cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to marinate.
2) Bring out of the fridge and arrange on parchment paper lined tray and grill in the oven for 20 minutes.
3) Bring out of the oven and brush with more piri piri sauce.
4) Put back in the oven and grill for another 20 minutes or till done.
5) Serve and drizzle with more peri peri sauce. Enjoy
Other amazing recipes to try out are
Chicken Piri Piri - Peri Peri Chicken
- 1 kg Chicken parts
- ½ Cup Peri Peri Sauce
- 1 Stock cube
- Pat the chicken dry then add stock cube, salt and half of the peri peri sauce. Mix well, cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to marinate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Bring chicken out of the fridge and line on parchment paper lined tray. Grill in the oven at 175C for 20 minutes
- Bring out of the oven, brush chicken with remaining half of Peri peri sauce and put back in the grill for 25 minutes or till done.
- Serve and Enjoy
Stay in touch. Subscribe to the blog, follow K's Cuisine on instagram , pinterest and subscribe to our you tube channel
Leave a Reply