I remember posting zobo drink picture over eight weeks ago on my instagram page with the caption “Zobo drink recipe up on the blog later today”. I wanted to re share recipe yesterday and I couldn’t find it only for me to realise I never did publish it eight weeks ago! It’s been sitting in my drafts all the time! I need me a PA now for real. Too many things to do and so little time…Anyway, today is a good time to publish the recipe as it’s so hot in London right now and I must have had more than a litre of this awesome drink today 🙂
Zobo drink is a favourite drink in Nigeria ìt is also known as sorrel drink or roselle. It is said to have health benefits, I love how its easy to prepare and how refreshing it is. Find below how I prepare mine.
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Fresh whole pineapple or 1 litre 100% percent Pineapple juice
1 Orange (cut up)
Cucumber and orange to garnish (Optional)
1) Wash zobo leaves with warm water
2) Add the zobo leaves in a pot and pour in 2.5 litres of water.
3) Add in the grated ginger, orange cut up and pineapple cut up
Here I used orange cut up and pineapple juice from concentrate
5) Add sugar, give it a good stir and leave to cool.
6) Sieve through a fine mesh and chill in the fridge.
7) Serve and garnish with orange and cucumber (optional)
That’s zobo all done.
Don’t forget to use the share button below and also follow me on instagram @kscuisine