Corned beef sauce recipe / Nigerian corned beef stew recipe that is easy, simple and quick to make. This corned beef recipe requires just few ingredients and it tastes absolutely delicious. Pair it with yam or bread for weekday or weekend breakfasts or pasta for weeknight dinners.
CORNED BEEF SAUCE RECIPE / CORNED BEEF STEW RECIPE
Corned beef sauce is my favourite sauce for eating yam. Growing up, Yam with corned beef stew was Sunday breakfast menu. I have been making this sauce for so many years and it is one of the quickest tastiest sauce to make. It only requires few ingredients – Peppermix, corned beef, oil and spices! This stew is best paired with yam. You can also have it with bread, plantain, potatoes, pasta or any food of choice. Let me show you in easy steps how to make corned beef sauce /corned beef stew.
This corned beef sauce or corned beef stew recipe requires just few ingredients (Detailed ingredient list, recipe and video in printable recipe card at the end of this post).
You will need:
Sunflower oil – or vegetable oil, olive oil
HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF SAUCE
Blend the scotch bonnets, bell pepper, tomatoes and onion. You can blend peppers in a combination that suits you. The pepper mix is about 600 – 800 ml.
Add sunflower oil in a pot. When this heats up, add the blended peppers, multipurpose seasoning and stock cube. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
The pepper would by now be thick in consistency
Add salt to taste and leave to cook for another five minutes.
Add the corned beef, stir in the stew and leave to cook for five minutes. Stir intermittently to avoid burning.
I use the canned corned beef. I also do not use condiments like curry, thyme, etc.
Corned beef sauce is ready.
See? told you it’s easy ????
WHAT TO SERVE CORNED BEEF SAUCE WITH
Yam – Check out how to cook Yam
Agege Bread – the best bread ever. check out the recipe.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES ON THE BLOG
Corned Beef Sauce – Nigerian Corned Beef Stew
- 340 g Corned Beef
- 2 medium Bell peppers
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1-3 Scotch bonnet or as many as yoy can tolerate the heat
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon Multipurpose seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- Blend the scotch bonnets, bell pepper, tomatoes and onion. You can blend peppers in a combination that suits you. The peppermix gives you about 600-800ml of blended pepper.
- Add sunflower oil in a pot. When this heats up, add the blended peppers, multipurpose seasoning and stock cube. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and leave to cook for five more minutes.
- Add the corned beef, stir in the stew and leave to cook for five minutes. Stir intermittently to avoid burning.
- Take off heat and it's ready. Serve and enjoy.
If you try this corned beef stew recipe, rate it and leave comment below. I love reading from you.
This post was originally published February 11 2014, Now republished December 2019 with few new pictures.