As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Zobo drink also known as Sorrel drink or hibiscus drink is easy to make and it’s refreshing. This zobo drink recipe is quick and requires just few ingredients. For Pressure cooker Zobo drink click HERE for recipe.
I remember posting zobo drink picture over eight weeks ago on my instagram page with the caption “Zobo drink recipe up on the blog later today”. I wanted to re share recipe yesterday and I couldn’t find it only to realise I never did publish it eight weeks ago! It’s been sitting in my drafts all the time! I need me a PA now for real. Too many things to do and so little time…Anyway, today is a good time to publish the recipe as it’s so hot in London right now and I must have had more than a litre of this awesome drink today 🙂
Zobo drink is a favourite drink in Nigeria ìt is also known as sorrel drink or roselle. It is said to have health benefits, I love how its easy to prepare and how refreshing it is. Find below how I prepare mine. This is Nigerian zobo drink, For Jamaican style sorrel drink click link.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR ZOBO DRINK
Full ingredients, recipe and notes in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Zobo leaves -Hibiscus leave also known as Sorrel leaves
Fresh whole pineapple or 1 litre 100% percent Pineapple juice
1 Orange (cut up)
Cucumber and orange to garnish (Optional)
HOW TO MAKE ZOBO DRINK (SORREL DRINK)
1) Wash zobo leaves with warm water
2) Add the zobo leaves in a pot and pour in 2.5 litres of water.
3) Add in the grated ginger, orange cut up and pineapple cut up
Here I used orange cut up and pineapple juice from concentrate
4) Cover pot and leave to boil for 30 minutes
5) Add sugar, give it a good stir and leave to cool.
6) Sieve through a fine mesh and chill in the fridge.
7) Serve and garnish with orange and cucumber (optional)
That’s zobo all done.
More recipes on the blog
Zobo drink – Sorrel drink
- 1 cup zobo leave (hibiscus or sorrel leaves)
- 1 whole Pineapple cut
- 1 Orange cut
- 2 thumsize ginger minced
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Cucumber to garnish optional
- Add the zobo leaves in a pot and pour in water.
- Add in the grated ginger, cloves, orange cut up and pineapple cut up .
- Cover pot and leave to boil for 30 minutes
- Add sugar, give it a good stir and leave to cool.
- Sieve through a fine mesh and chill in the fridge.
- Serve and garnish with orange and cucumber (optional)
If you try this recipe, rate it and leave comment below.
Don’t forget to use the share button below and also follow me on instagram @kscuisine
First published July 2015. New pictures added and republished December 2019.