Hello Kfam, As requested by you on my instagram page, here is the recipe for Vegetable Beef Stew. This recipe like all my recipes is easy to make, with easy to find ingredients, fuss free, healthy and delicious. So here we go guys, let’s cook:
1 red pepper (diced)
1 yellow pepper (diced)
1 green bell pepper (diced)
3 medium Carrot (sliced)
1 Brown Onion (diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Scotch bonnet (chopped)
1-2 teaspoon K’s Cuisine Cameroon pepper
1 tablespoon K’s Cuisine Multipurpose Seasoning
1 teaspoon thyme
3 Maggi Cubes (stock cubes)
Few leaves fresh Coriander or 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
1 Cooking Spoon Sunflower Oil
2-3 cups Beef Stock or Cooking Wine
2 tablespoon Cornflour
Cabbage and any other vegetables of choice (Optional)
1) Cut the beef into small cubed bite size pieces. Rinse, drain and season with 2 stock Cubes, salt, Multipurpose Seasoning, thyme, garlic and ginger. Leave in the fridge to Marinate for atleast 30 minutes
You can do this in a bowl, ziplock bag or freezer bag. Make sure the beef is well seasoned
2) While leaving the beef to marinate, prepare the peppers, Onion, Carrots and other vegetables ready
3) Add Sunflower Oil in a pan, add the beef and brown the sides. This takes about 3-4minutes
4) Add in onion, garlic, scotch bonnet, cameroon pepper, half of the diced peppers, Carrot.
The other half will be added towards the end for some crunch. If you don’t like crunchy, add all in at this stage
5) Add the beef broth or Wine. Cover and leave to cook on low heat for 15 – 20minutes
I used beef broth on this occassion
6) Add in the other half of the peppers, coriander, taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly and leave to cook for another 5 minutes.
7) Mix Cornflour with water, add the mixture into the stew to thicken and get creamy, healthy delicious vegetable beef stew.
8) Take off heat and enjoy with rice, pasta, yam, plantain, on it’s own or with any meal of choice
Don’t forget to follow K’s Cuisine on Instagram @kscuisine for pictures, updates and recipes. Also subscribe to the blog for notifications of new posts.
See you in next post x
“Be a Pineapple: Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside”