Assorted meat Pepper Soup is legendary no jokes. This Nigerian pepper soup right there gives joy. Pepper soup is made up of stuff Yoruba people call 'onishe meje muri kan' ???? meaning Seven ailment, one cure. Assorted meat Pepper soup is regarded as badass like that! If you have flu, pepper soup is the go to, malaria? Pepper soup...eermm it might not cure malaria but then the hotness and spiciness of this soup will stimulate tastebuds. Let's just say pepper soup is bae.
Nigerian pepper soup
Nigerian pepper Soup is spicy and hot broth and it's made from stock and spices. It is commonly served in parties, restaurants and bars as appetiser but can be eaten as a meal. There are different types of pepper soup named by what is used in making. For example if using fish, it is called fish pepper soup, if chicken, chicken pepper soup and if using assorted meat, it is then called assorted meat pepper soup. I say pepper soup is Nigerian Cleanse soup.
How to make Assorted meat pepper soup (Nigerian Pepper soup)
Find below my take on assorted meat peppersoup. Let's cook:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
Total time: 90 minutes
Shaki (Tripe), Cowleg, Kidney, any other offal of choice
1 tablespoon Cameroon pepper
2 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
3 Stock Cubes
2 tablespoon Peppersoup spice
2 litres Water
1 handful Scent or Basil leaves
1 tablespoon Crayfish
1) Boil the offals and cut into bite size
As a rule I always boil offals seperately from beef
2) Add the beef or goat meat in a pot, add chopped onion, stock cubes and salt and leave to boil.
3) When goat meat is tender, sieve the stock into a pot
4) Add the chopped assorted meat into the stock
5) Add cayenne pepper,
5) Add Cameroon pepper and pepper soup spice .
6) Add water, cover the pot and leave to boil for 20 minutes
7) Add some scent or basil leaves, the crayfish and leave to boil for another 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
The picture below is from July 2015 when this post was originally posted.
Other recipes you might like are:
Assorted meat pepper soup (Nigerian Pepper soup)
- 500 g Goatmeat
- 500 g Offals (Tripe, cowleg, kidney, etc)
- 1 tbsp Cameroon pepper
- 2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 stock cubes
- 2 tbspn Pepper soup Spice K's Cuisine
- 1 handful Basil or Scent leaves
- 1 tbsp Crayfish Optional
- Boil the offals and cut into bite size
- Add the beef or goat meat in a pot, add chopped onion, stock cubes and salt and leave to boil. When goat meat is tender, sieve the stock into a pot.
- Add the chopped assorted meat into the stock, add Cameroon pepper and pepper soup spice then add water, cover the pot and leave to boil for 20 minutes.
- Add some scent or basil leaves, the crayfish and leave to boil for another 10 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.
Don't forget to follow @kscuisine on instagram for food pictures and more.
Leave a comment and feedback when you try this recipe.
This post was originally published July 9 2015, It has now been republished with new pictures July 2019. Couple of the pictures from 2015 have been left on this post. I'm sure you can guess which ones they are,
See you in my next post,
ibiyemi john-martins says
Well done, what a great job
K's Cuisine says
Thank you Ibiyemi john-martins