I sometimes cook okro with egusi and most people do that too but not to ila asepo so I decided to turn ila asepo up a notch. I introduced egusi into it and I loved it. It tasted so yummy.This soup is so delicious that i almost finished the soup at one sitting. I also made the ewedu version HERE for my hubs who doesn't eat okro. Find below K's Cuisine Ila egusi asepo. Let's get cooking..
1) Boil the assorted meat ( shaki, ponmo,etc) seperately and set aside.
2) Wash the Okro and grate, cut or blend into small cubes. If blending, be careful to blend with minimal water.
I usually blend some and cut some
3) Boil the beef with maggi cube and salt.
Tip: Do not add water to the beef. Beef brings out water when boiling. Just boil (more like steaming) on low heat and watch the meat bring out water.
4) When beef is tender, there will be stock in the pot from the beef. Add the assorted meat, smoked fish, palm oil, prawns and crayfish. Cover and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
7) Cover and leave to cook for 10-15mins.
8) Add in the grated or blended okro.
Do not cover pot after okro has been introduced into the pot and be careful not to overcook the Okro.
9) Taste for salt and seasoning, adjust accordingly, add spinach, reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
10) That's Ila egusi alasepo done. It was so yummy and this will be a regular for me now.
Enjoy with pounded yam, Eba, Amala, Semo or any other solid.
Leave a Reply