Today's recipe is a simple, quick one. So basic I wasn't going to bother but then I thought 'every little helps' ( in Tesco's voice).
It's oven baked barbeque chicken. For the times when you simply can't do outdoor barbeque and the many times the weather just won't permit sigh here is a way of still having a nice barbeque chicken. So here we go:
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 cup barbeque sauce (I used reggae reggae barbeque sauce)
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon grounded cayenne pepper
1 bouillon cube (Maggi) or 1 teaspoon liquid maggi
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoonsunflower or vegetable oil
1) Combine all the ingredients (except chicken) together .
2) Line a baking tray with foil and arrange cleaned chicken parts on it.
3) Brush chicken all over with the sauce, making sure all parts are covered. (Don't use up all the sauce)
4) Cover with foil and put in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate (you can marinate for up to 12hours)
5) Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade and bring out the marinated chicken from the fridge.
6) Bake chicken in pre heated oven for 25 minutes, after which you bring out and coat with more of the sauce.
7) Put chicken back in the oven uncovered and allow to bake for another 15-20 minutes or till done
8) That's moist and juicy barbeque chicken done. I served with fried rice (recipe HERE) on this occasion.
I recently introduced quote of the day in my blog posts, today's quote is one from a wise, great woman Maya Angelou who died today. Rest in peace Maya.
Quote of the day :
"You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I'll rise"- Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou said it all people. We will always rise above haters and they in turn die slowly from how deeply bitterness and hate eats them up.