Plantain chips or crisps are made from unripe or ripe plantains. It is good as appetiser, can be eaten on it's own or with a dip. It's also quick and easy to make so why not spice up plantain chips and make suya plantain chips? Find below my recipe for suya plantain chips:
Preparation time: 5 minute
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
2 Unripe green plantain
Sunflower or Vegetable oil for frying
¼ teaspoon Salt (optional)
½ teaspoon Suya spice
1) Peel the plantain and slice. You can use a food processor for this or cut by hand.
I used a spialiser just because it was the fastest I could get to in my kitchen
2) Add the suya spice and salt to the sliced plantain and mix together
3) In a pan, heat some vegetable or sunflower oil
4) Add the plantain and fry till yellow
5) Leave to cool and it's ready to eat. To preserve store in airtight container. Enjoy.
Don't forget to leave a feedback when you've tried the recipe. Also Like my facebook page HERE.