As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Last Updated on
To those of you who have never heard of Bulgur wheat or Bulgar wheat, (it can be spelt either way. Infact I also found out it can also be spelt Bulghur and bulghar) here is a brief introduction for you:
Bulghur wheat is a cereal food made from the groats of a type of wheat – durum wheat. Bulgur wheat is whole grain and compared to white rice, bulgur has higher protein content and higher fibre. It also has higher levels of minerals and vitamins. Bulgur looks like rice and most times prepared in similar manner.
The Nigerian girl loves solid creative part of me.. So here I am sharing with you my Bulgur wheat solid and will also make posts soon on the bulgur wheat breakfast porridge and other ways I’ve tried it.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
3/4 cup Bulgur wheat
3/4 cup cold water
2-3 cups hot water (Depending on how soft or hard you like your solid)
1) Blend bulgur into powder using a dry mill.
2) Add 3 cups of hot water in a pot and put on low heat.
3) Mix bulgur powder with the 3/4 cup of cold water, mix smoothly and pour into the pot of hot water.
4) Put on low heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes .
3) When the water is almost dried up and bulgur taste soft increase to medium heat and start stirring.
4) As you stir you will see it start getting thicker and forming solid. Keep stirring till solid is formed.
5) That’s Bulgur solid done.
This is eating solid the healthy way.
Coming up soon is a post on Bulgur breakfast porridge.
Don’t forget to like K’s Cuisine fan page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kscuisine.