Thank God it's Friday. Wait. I'm a mum! and everyday is a working day for mums but don't we just love it?
It 's going to be a warm weekend.Yes I sight summer drawing close and it's almost upon us bigsmile. I love summer. It's sun and warmth shining up so high makes it warm for outside fun. No heavy winter coat weighing down on shoulders. No dreary winter boots but rather time to bring out the flip flops, tank tops, shorts, bum pants, the stunners, time to play in the park, to go on picnics, the barbeques and of course to bring out the summer recipes....heheehee.
We need refreshing drinks for hot summer days. It is important that we are properly hydrated and typically most people go to fizzy drinks, soda, juice to quench thirst.
Here is a recipe for a healthy drink that is so refreshing, delicious and just amazing. It's lush slush baby #singinginiceicebabytone# 🙂 Healthy doesn't have to be boring. You can indulge and yet still be eating healthy. Talking healthy eating, check out my Bulgur Solid HERE.
Here is how to make my Tropical lush slush
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: 4 hours
100ml apple juice
500ml orange juice
250ml pineapple juice
250ml Tropical juice or Forest fruits (optional)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
500ml sprite or ginger ale (Optional)
1) Bring out the ingredients and a big clean bowl to mix in.
K's Cuisine tip: 100percent fruit juice is best but you can also use juice from concentrate
2) Mix in the orange juice, pineapple juice, apple juice, passion fruits and lemon juice
3) Stir mixture well and pour in into freezer bags or freezer safe containers and freeze for minimum of 4 hours.
You can freeze for days and if it's rock solid when you bring out of the freezer just leave it out for about 30minutes.
4) Bring out the frozen mixture.
5) Scoop into a cup or cups with ice cream scoop
6) Pour in some sprite or ginger ale on the frozen mixture and stir. You only need a small amount of sprite for each cup. about 30ml or so.
If you want to avoid fizzy drink you can just mix with water/ginger/lemonade mixture.
7) Slush is formed. Garnish with a slice of lemon, put in straw and sip .
Very refreshing I say. So healthy, so good! Have a good weekend people 🙂