Tostones is a Latin American side dish made with green unripe plantains. It is also known as Patacones. I prefer calling it tostones though????. If you're a lover of plantain, you'll surely like this snack. Follow below my 5 easy steps to make tostones.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
2 Unripe plantains
Vegetable or Sunflower oil for frying
1) Cut the plantains into chunky bits
2) Fry both sides in the vegetable oil for about a minute till it's golden brown.
3) Remove plantains from the oil and place on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
4) Pound each plantain cut flat with a meat mallet or a flat heavy object.
5) Refry the plantains, remove from oil and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Best served as snack or side dish.