Hello Kfam, how are you all doing? As promised on my Instagram page here is the recipe for Carribean Curry Chicken or Jamaican Chicken Curry/ Jamaican Curry Chicken. Carribean Curries are my favourite type of Curry not only because of the simplicity in cooking but also the amazing flavour and spices. Like you get the most with the littlest. You can pair this Jamaican curry with rice, rice and peas, plantain, potatoes, etc. It's Versatile and just amazing.
Some other Carribean Curry recipe i have on the blog include Curry goat and will add more in future but for now , Let's cook:
How to make Carribean Curry Chicken
4 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder
750g Chicken (Breast, thigh, drumstick or any part as desired)
2 Scotch bonnets (chopped)
1 tablespoon Thyme
2 stock Cube
1 teaspoon K's Cuisine Cameroon pepper
1 teaspoon K's Cuisine Multipurpose Seasoning
2 cloves Garlic (Chopped)
1 Peeled Potatoes (cut)
Carrot (cut)- (Optional)
1 Cooking spoon Vegetable or Sunflower Oil
*I normally just use any brand of Carribean Curry powder but there is this brand I got and I am so loving it so thought to share it with you. Find the picture below.
1) Wash the Chicken and season with 2 tablespoon Curry powder, scotch bonnet, spring onions, garlic, stock cube, thyme, multipurpose seasoning, salt Cameroon pepper. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for 2-6 hours or over nite.
2) In a pot, heat oil on medium heat then add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of Carribean curry powder. Stir the curry powder in oil until it starts to change colour (about a minute or two)
Be Careful not to burn the curry.
4) Add in the marinated Chicken and brown the sides. Be careful not to burn the chicken
5) Then add 2 cups of water, stir and cover the pot with lid. Leave to cook on low heat for 30 minutes. If Chicken not tender after this time, add some more water, adjust the seasoning and leave to cook for more time.
8) When Chicken is tender and pulling off bone, add potatoes in to thicken. If using Carrots add in at this time
9) Simmer for 10 minutes and take off heat
Serve and Enjoy
So flavourful and delicious
That's it for today. Don't forget to leave feedback when you try the recipe. Your feedback and interaction is important.
Check out these other amazing recipes:
Follow K's Cuisine on facebook
Till my next post.
"In order to succeed, we must first believe we can"