Oatmeal swallow also called oatmeal Fufu is Nigerian swallow made with oatmeal. It is commonly paired with soups like Ewedu, Egusi soup, ila asepo and other types of Nigerian soup.
Oatmeal fufu is healthier option to most Nigerian swallows and it is good for weightloss (If you want to lose weight on Nigerian diet, check out my other website Weightloss Republic)
Benefits of Oatmeal Swallow
Oatmeal is nutrient rich and high in fibre which makes you fuller for longer. Feeling fuller for longer may help eat fewer calories and lose weight! Oats delay the emptying of the stomach and thus increase production of the satiety hormone.
Oatmeal fufu has cholesterol lowering effects when consumed regularly possibly reducing the risk of heart disease. Oats contain more protein and fat than most grains. A cup of Oat (82g) contain 54.8g of carbs, 10.7g of protein and 5.3g of fat. It’s also nutrient dense and rich in fibre. This fibre helps in relieving constipation.
Calories in oatmeal fufu
1 Cup of Oat (82g) contains 307 calories. 54.8g of carbs, 10.7g of protein and 5.3g of fat
How to prepare Oat Swallow
This Oatmeal recipe is easy to make. It takes 3 minutes to prepare and 4 minutes to cook so less than 10 minutes in total. Ingredients for this oatmeal swallow – Oatmeal fufu recipe are oats and water. Tools you will need are blender, pot and turning spoon (orogun).
1) Add oatmeal and water in a blender and blend till smooth.
2) Pour blended oat in pot, put on stove and start stirring with turning spoon. Stir till it starts to form and solidifies into swallow.
3) Serve and enjoy with soup of choice.
What to eat Oatmeal Swallow with
You may be interested in other Nigerian fufu recipes :
Oatmeal Swallow – Oatmeal Fufu
- Turning spoon
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Water
- Add oatmeal and water in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour blended oats in pot, put on stove and start stirring with turning spoon. Stir till it starts to form and solidifies into swallow.
- Serve with soup of Choice.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for recipe videos where i take you through step by step as getting visuals does help. Follow K’s Cuisine on Instagram and pinterest.
Dont forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment. Let me know what you think.