Hello People, I made orange cake (Nigerian Cake) over the weekend and thought to share the recipe with you all 🙂
This Orange Cake (Nigerian Cake) recipe is so simple with amazing outcome. You know i’m all about simplifying recipes without compromising on taste. Just look how fluffy it is..don’t you just want to have a taste? Yes? Make yours with the easy recipe below
This recipe is quiet easy with no fuss and you get amazing outcome.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE CAKE
INGREDIENTS (6 inch pan)
150g Caster Sugar
1 Orange (juice and zest)
160g Self raising flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking powder
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and beat with electric mixer till it’s fluffy and turns pale.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add orange zest and juice then whisk.
- Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture very slowly while still mixing with electric mixer. This is to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- Add the flour to the mixture by folding it in with spatula. Do not over mix the batter. Overmixing might make the cake dense.
- Grease baking pan with buter and layer with baking sheet. Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake in pre heated oven at 160 degrees C for 40 minutes or till cake is done.
K’s Cuisine tip: To check if cake is done, dip a toothpick or skewer in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then the cake is ready. If it comes out wet then bake some more.
There you have fluffy Orange cake.
You might be interested in Puff Puff Recipe HERE
Nigerian Buns Recipe HERE
Like, comment and share if you want me to keep the recipes coming 🙂
You can also follow K’s Cuisine on Instagram HERE